Honour is a 30-minute radio drama that takes place in 16th century, feudal Japan and tells the story of Nao; a disgraced Ashigaru who recounts the story of his deceitful and treacherous life to his Damyo in the hope he be granted an honourable death.
Nao’s story takes us from his childhood rivalry with his brother, through training to become a Samurai, war as a hired mercenary and gambling as an arrogant man. Along the way there is deceit, treachery and conflict as we see all sides in the life of Samurai and their kin.
Honour won the bronze award for Best Speech Programming at the Student Radio Awards 2018.
- Honour was written by Benjamin Brake, Daniel Lawrence and Rhys Stacey.
- Honour was produced by Connor Morrin.
- Honour artwork was produced by Abigail Whitnall.
- Honour’s music was produced by Connor Morrin and Patrick Nelson.
- Field recorders: Marcel Gnauk and Justin Campbell-Platt
- Nao Inagaki was played by Nik Rivers.
- Isamu Inagaki was played by Thao Nguyen.
- Daimyo was played by Kenzo Kanayama.
- Ashigaru was played by Robin Khor Yong Kuan.
- Samurai was played by Ken Ikami.
- Young Nao was played by Austin Hansen.
- Young Isamu was played by Kai Oyama-Jones.
- Mother was played by Yoko Hansen.
- Isamu’s Girlfriend was played by Yuri Oyama-Jones.